Pros and Cons of Self-Publishing
If you read my previous post about what independent publishing is then you’re probably wondering if you should independently publish or not.
Here are the pros and cons:
- You retain all the rights to your work.
- You can publish your book very quickly in print or in e-book format.
- You have full control over your project.
- You control over the entire process from publication to marketing.
- You can choose the editor, formatter and cover designer yourself.
- You don’t have any help from a publishing company.
- You have to do the work yourself.
- You have to pay for any costs such as editing, formatting and cover design.
- Some people think you are only credible if you go through a traditional publisher.
- Getting your book into bookshops and libraries is much harder.
- You may not sell as many books.
What are your thoughts on self-publishing?