At the beginning of a new year, it’s always a good time to self-reflection and to set goals for the coming year ahead. I’ve always made new years resolutions but rarely kept them in the past. One thing I learnt last year is that if you want to be successful you need to set yourself goals and follow them through.
My goals for last year were to publish my first novel, write a second novel and start my own freelance business. I actually did all of those things despite lots of up and downs. My second novel Denai Bound is almost ready for publication and I’m well on my way to finishing the first draft of my third novel.
Here’s a list of my goals for 2016:
- Publish Denai Bound
- Pass my driving test
- Publish at least 2 other books
- Get more clients and regular work for my freelance business
- Complete my 3rd novel
- Publish my first non-fiction book
- Come up with a regular marketing plan and stick to it
- Post on my blog at least twice a week
- Send out my newsletter twice a month
- Update my website quarterly
- Get into paid freelance blogging.
What are your personal and business goals for 2016?