After being unwell for the past week, I’ve found myself procrastinating a lot the past few days and that can be a bad habit for any writer.
So for this week’s motivation post I’ve come up with 6 tips on how to stop procrastinating and get writing!
- Set a schedule. I find that I never get very much done unless I make a schedule of things that need to be done on that p[articular day. This helps you stay focused and get through your to-do-list much faster.
- Organise your ideas. Lot’s of writers have dozens of ideas going through their heads every minute but you need to write those ideas down to focus and get a sense of what needs to be done first.
- Freewrite. I find free writing a great way of just getting the creative juices flowing. Just sit with a blank page or screen, start writing and see what happens.
- Set deadlines. Having a deadline can really help you focus and get more done just by knowing that you need to get something done within a certain amount of time.
- Set mini goals. For example, if you need to write 10,000 words that week, break it down to 500 words a day.
- Eliminate distractions. Set a do not disturb sign, turn off your phone, and if possible, your internet. Eliminate anything that might distract you from your work.
What tips do you have to stop procrastinating?