One thing many writers often struggle with is motivation – I know I do!
This can be caused by any number of things, from not having time to write, being busy with other things or simply not feeling inspired.
Motivation is something I often lack when I’m trying to write novels and articles. Some days I just don’t feel like writing anything even when I know I should.
So here are a few tips t help get you motivated:
- Don’t let yourself be overwhelmed by word counts or how long something takes. Writing takes time and it’s best not to rush it.
- Going to a writing group and being set a challenge often inspires me to get writing again especially if I haven’t written much lately.
- Write blog posts. I’ve found taking part in this blogging challenge has motivated me to write something every day.
- Try to write something every day – even if it’s only a few sentences.
- Don’t let rejection or bad reviews get the best of you. You can’t please everyone.
- Read for a while I often find this inspires me to get writing.